Adaptation Programme and Financing Mechanism
Description of Project
The the Adaptation Programme and Financing Mechanism (AP&FM) Project works to help Jamaica adjust more easily to climate change. It supports the integration of climate change issues into development planning by government agencies. It also provides funds for climate change adaptation work in small and medium businesses as well as communities islandwide.
The AP&FM Project is a part of the Pilot Programme for Climate Resilience (PPCR) in Jamaica. It is being implemented by the Ministry of Economic Growth and Job Creation. There is USD19, 869,963 in funding from the Climate Investment Fund through the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) for its implementation.
The AP&FM Project was implemented under three main components.
Mainstreaming Climate Change
- Mainstreaming of climate change into 5 PRIORITY SECTORS: Water, Health, Tourism, Coastal Resources and Human Settlements.
- Vulnerability assessments conducted for 15 COMMUNITIES in the Upper Rio Minho Watershed; and Climate Change Adaptation and Disaster Risk Reduction (CCA/DDR) plans developed.
- Technical Input into the National Spatial Plan
- Climate Change Focal Points trained in coordinating the mainstreaming of climate change in sector strategies and action plans.
- Climate Change Awareness Programme at national and local government levels